Venue: Council Chamber - Civic Centre Folkestone. View directions
Contact: Sue Lewis
Declarations of interest
There were no declarations of interest.
To note the minutes of the meeting held on 10 January 2018.
The minutes of the meeting held on 10 January 2018 were noted.
Otterpool Park draft Framework Masterplan
A presentation will be given by Andy Jarrett, Head of Strategic Development Projects and Gary Young representative from Farrells.
Gary Young, Farrells presented members with the updated version of Otterpool Park Framework Masterplan.
Mr Young informed members that a number of changes had been made, in particular:
Green buffers have been extended to protect existing settlements including Lympne and Barrow Hill.
The High Street is repositioned to better relate to the station, transport interchange, business park and town park . The A20 is realigned to relieve pressure on the Newingreen junction and to improve nort south movements.
· Cabinet 28 March – to approve the Masterplan
· May to July – Consultations, including website promotion, schools and businesses, together with a public exhibition paying particular attention to promoting health and community aspects of the site.
· July – a presentation to explain the process of submitting the masterplan.
Members are pleased with the changes made so far and how it is developing and being in line with Government Planning Permissions.
Unique Selling Points for the promotion of Otterpool Park
An update will be provided by Andy Jarrett, Head of Strategic Development Projects.
Andy Jarrett, Head of Strategic Development Projects provided members with an update on land acquisition informing them that Homes England have invested in the area, giving a commitment to the development which is good news moving forward.
Discussions with land owners Savills are supporting officers with this process.
Members were informed that there are 3 key themes for USP (Unique Selling Point):-
· Location – this is good due to excellent road and rail connections, access to the continent and easy access to great landscape – coast and countryside.
· Lifestyle and wellness – plenty of green spaces, footpaths, sports facilities and play areas will run alongside community-run features such as orchards, all adding the a healthy lifestyle.
· Working environment – the location will attract people because it is close to the coast and countryside, existing business will also be an attraction with good ICT facilities to allow for home working.
Following the approval of the masterplan a positive marketing and promotion strategy, will be prepared.