Venue: Zoom - remote meeting
Contact: Kate Clark
Declarations of interest
There were no declarations of interest.
Quarter 3 Performance Report 2020/21
Report OS/20/16 provides an update on the Council’s performance for the third quarter of 2020/21, covering 1 October 2020 to 31 December 2020. The report enables the Council to assess progress against the approved key performance indicators for each service area.
Report OS/20/16 provided an update on the Council’s performance for the third quarter of 2020/21, covering 1 October 2020 to 31 December 2020. The report enables the Council to assess progress against the approved key performance indicators for each service area.
The Performance & Improvement Specialist presented the report and mentioned that this would be the penultimate performance report under the 2017-2020 Corporate Plan as the new Corporate Plan 2021-30 has been adopted.
Various comments and questions from members included:
· The 8 FPNs issued in relation to the PSPO during Quarter 3 were in the Folkestone Town Centre Area, offences included alcohol, urinating and begging.
· Compliant air quality sites – 18 sites in the district, a suggestion that a percentage value could be provided.
· Recovery rate for PCNs issued to foreign vehicles can be challenging to recover although bailiff action is used.
· Homelessness approaches – remaining numbers after prevention/relief are dealt with as part of the Covid response. A mixture of private landlords; own stock and temporary B & Bs considered.
· A question was asked about whether sourcing accommodation for people in temporary housing was difficult and the reasons possibly being availability, unsuitability and costs. A fuller explanation will be provided on this point.
· Provision of Affordable housing – may struggle to recover the annual provision as these are also delivered by HA’s, however the asset management strategy will give a clearer picture. Also, the Council’s development of the Highview site is due to start which should provide an additional 30 affordable homes.
· Litter cleared within the district – members would like to know how this is assessed and monitored across the district.
Proposed by Councillor Connor McConville
Seconded by Councillor Patricia Rolfe; and
1. That report OS/20/16 is received and noted.
2. That the performance information for Quarter 3 2020/21 in Appendix 1 is noted.
Agreed by all.