All information relating to Shepway's garden waste scheme
Our garden waste collection scheme is more popular than ever and continues to offer:
- Storage and removal of everyday garden waste, leaves and cut flowers
- Convenient fortnightly collections that fit in with your other waste collections
- Assisted collections for those who need it
- Contribution to producing a high quality compost
You can sign up for garden waste collection for an additional cost. You will also have to hire a brown lid bin if you don't have one already. This bin will be delivered within 28 working days of signing up to the scheme.
The garden waste will usually be picked up on the same day as the rest of your recycling.
How much does it cost?
- It costs £45 per year to join for the period 1 April 2017 - 31 March 2018
- If you need a new or replacement bin there is a one off charge of £29.95
You'll have to pay this fee even if you only need the collection for part of the year.
How to arrange, renew or cancel your collection
The charging period for garden waste collections runs from 1 April to 31 March of the next year. You can start to register for the scheme from February onwards.
You can also call Customer Services on 01303 853535
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm (Wednesday from 9.30am)
If you move within the Shepway district you can take the garden waste bin with you. Call us so your payment details can be transferred to your new address.