Recycling and Waste Scheme - Garden Waste Collection Service
Looking for recycling and waste collection dates?
Simply enter your postcode at MyShepway
A garden waste licence costs £38.95 and is valid April-March
- We will collect your garden waste once a fortnight.
- You will receive up to 25 collections (one break over the Christmas period) a year.
- Please note that once your payment has been received your collection service will automatically be renewed and no further confirmation letter will be issued. Receipts are available if requested.
- To keep service costs down a one off collection charge is made for the period 1 April to 31 March each year. The current collection charge will need to be made even if you join or leave the scheme part way through the year.
- This year we no longer need to issue stickers. When you make your payment to renew your subscription we will inform our contractors that you have paid and your collection service will automatically be renewed. This will make your renewal process as convenient as possible and reduce our impact on the environment by not sending any further paperwork to you.
- Christmas collections - Garden waste collections will take their usual break during the period Monday 28th December 2015 to Friday 8th January 2016 (inclusive). Changes to other recycling and waste collections over Christmas will be advertised nearer the time.
We will collect
- Grass cuttings
- Twigs and small branches
- Prunings and hedge clippings
- Flowers and plants
- (Except Japanese Knotweed and ragwort)
We cannot take
- Soil and turf
- Rubble and stones
- Cooked foods and kitchen waste
- All non organic waste
- Garden chemicals
- Pet litter
If you already have a garden waste collection (brown-topped wheelie bin)
If you are already subscribed to the garden waste scheme you will receive a renewal invoice letter during February 2015. If you wish to renew your subscription you will need to pay the charge and full details of how to renew will be given on the letter you receive.
If any households with one of the brown top bins decide they do not want to pay for the service after 1 April 2015 they can contact the council to make arrangements for removal of the bin.
If you wish to join the garden waste scheme
If you do not currently receive a garden waste collection but would like one, you will be able to pay to join the scheme from February 2015.
When you join, the payment will include a one-off hire fee for the bin, and an annual charge of for the collection service. In future years, you will be invoiced annually for the service charge.
Once we have received your payment, the bin should be delivered to you within 28 working days.
If you wish to join the Garden Waste collection enter your postcode at MyShepway and follow the prompts
Created : Tue,29 Jan 2008
Updated : Thu,26 Feb 2015
Help us improve, rate this page:
(This page has been rated 457 times)