Search site menuicon

Building control

The purpose of building control, guidance, application forms and fees

Building content icon Exempt detached buildings Building regulations allow for the exemption of certain detached buildings, find out what is classed as exempt. Building content icon Apply for building regulations Certain building works that you do at home or at work will need to comply with minimal standards set down by law Building content icon Request a site inspection Call building control to book a site inspection Building content icon Forms, guidance and fees Everything you need to make an application to the building control team. Building content icon What is building control? Responsibilities of building control, dangerous structures and demolitions Building content icon Re-roofing and building regulations You need building regulations approval to carry out repairs on or if you re-cover more than 25 per cent of a roof Building content icon Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) Find out more information about EPCs and when you need to have one Building content icon Building regulations for escape windows All habitable rooms in buildings of one or two storeys must have an escape window in case there's a fire Building content icon Competent person scheme The Competent Persons scheme was introduced by the UK Government to allow individuals and enterprises to self-certify that their work complies with building regulations as an alternative to submitting a building notice or using an approved inspector Building content icon Approval of domestic electrical work All new domestic electrical work (for example in a house, flat or small commercial premise linked to domestic accommodation) must be designed and installed to comply with Part P (Electrical Safety) of the building regulations Building content icon Building control team Call, email, visit or write to us... Building content icon Demolitions Find out more information on what to do if you would like to demolish a building.